Karadi Tales is always on the lookout for interns who are committed to the field of children’s publishing. Some of our internship profiles include,
– Proofread content and correct for grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
– Brainstorm new story ideas and write stories for Karadi Tales.
– Evaluate manuscripts and assess if a story has potential for publication.
– Liaise with authors and illustrators in order to keep on top of our publishing schedule.
– Update our social media accounts and engage with online users.
– Prepare and edit the content for our monthly newsletter.
– Prepare detailed information sheets on all the books in our catalogue.
– Strong writing and editing skills.
– A voracious reader.
– Attention to detail.
– Preferably a background in the social sciences.
– Responsible for design and layout of picture books.
– Design trailers for our upcoming picture books as well for our back catalogue.
– Designs promotional material for our social media pages
– Design promotional collaterals.
– Illustrate new books for Karadi Tales.
– Ability to work with Photoshop and CorelDraw.
– Knowledge of Adobe Flash will be an added advantage.
– Applicant must submit a portfolio of their work while applying.
– Come up with marketing strategies for all our upcoming books.
– Think up of innovative methods to promote books from our existing catalogue.
– Organise events such as book reading session and author-illustrator interactions.
– Keep a tab on market competitors and evaluating sales.
– Budget marketing and promotional events.
– Devise strategies to improve our social media presence.
– Increase our Facebook likes and Twitter followers by 25%.
– Developing presentations for Karadi Tales for various retail outlets, distributors and schools.
– Building relationships with key clientele.
– Preferably a background in business administration.
– Must have demonstrated experience in organising events in school and college.
Karadi Tale’s internship calendar is full until July 2018. We are currently unable to accept any new applications for internships.