Karadi Tales is always on the lookout for interns who are committed to the field of children’s publishing. Some of our internship profiles include,
– Proofread content and correct for grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
– Brainstorm new story ideas and write stories for Karadi Tales.
– Evaluate manuscripts and assess if a story has potential for publication.
– Liaise with authors and illustrators in order to keep on top of our publishing schedule.
– Update our social media accounts and engage with online users.
– Prepare and edit the content for our monthly newsletter.
– Prepare detailed information sheets on all the books in our catalogue.
– Strong writing and editing skills.
– A voracious reader.
– Attention to detail.
– Preferably a background in the social sciences.
– Responsible for design and layout of picture books.
– Design trailers for our upcoming picture books as well for our back catalogue.
– Designs promotional material for our social media pages
– Design promotional collaterals.
– Illustrate new books for Karadi Tales.
– Ability to work with Photoshop and CorelDraw.
– Knowledge of Adobe Flash will be an added advantage.
– Applicant must submit a portfolio of their work while applying.
– Come up with marketing strategies for all our upcoming books.
– Think up of innovative methods to promote books from our existing catalogue.
– Organise events such as book reading session and author-illustrator interactions.
– Keep a tab on market competitors and evaluating sales.
– Budget marketing and promotional events.
– Devise strategies to improve our social media presence.
– Increase our Facebook likes and Twitter followers by 25%.
– Developing presentations for Karadi Tales for various retail outlets, distributors and schools.
– Building relationships with key clientele.
– Preferably a background in business administration.
– Must have demonstrated experience in organising events in school and college.
Design and editorial internships at Karadi Tales must be undertaken for a duration of at least four months.